[tcb] Re: (no subject)

  • From: Sammie Smith <slsmith@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 16:51:27 -0500

Dan: I've got some around somewhere. You probably did see it. It came out of Houston and was lowered and painted two tone grey and flat black primer. Actually it looked pretty good in the before pictures. When it really looked ugly is when all of the primer came off and you found all of the bondo and rust rot underneath the paint. I'm not kidding when I tell you that I found bondo as much as 4" thick covering up really bad problems. All (hopefully) the problems were cured with a lot of cutting and welding.
At 02:51 PM 8/16/2006, you wrote:

I forgot to say AMAZING!
Do you have some before pictures?
I think I saw it before you got it, when it was lowered and dark gray
primer?

On Aug 16, 2006, at 2:48 PM, Dan Martin wrote:

Is that L345 light grey on the hudcaps?

On Aug 16, 2006, at 1:37 PM, Sammie Smith wrote:

Ok group;  here's your chance to see a shot of the "new" 60 double
door.  And yes Paul, that is Sealing Wax Red.
Sammie
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=296634