[tcb] Re: Nac show

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 09:31:52 -0700 (PDT)

Yeah, I wasn't going to mention the Westy.  Bruce did a good job on it.

As to the gas tank:  it's reasonably easy to install one in an SC.  Have not
done one in a bus but have talked to people who have and it's sort of a bear to
get in there and get the filler neck hooked up; and of course you have to pull
the engine.  In my SC it was a rather simple matter.  Neck was cut off several
inches from the tank, original cap/filler end was trimmed down and then a piece
of radiator hose with strong clamps was used to connect the two pieces back
together.  The bay tank will not fit in a split without modifying the filler
neck.