[tcb] Re: GR2 vs. Gas-Adjust

  • From: mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 23:09:00 +0000

Are we talking mobile or stationary??

From: j duncan <whocanduncan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
I get a pretty good ride in the back of my van, too. ;)

Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 12:42:12 -0700
From: bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tcb] Re: GR2 vs. Gas-Adjust
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I bet the ride in the rear of my Westy is better than the ride in the rear of
the SC!

From: Eric Woodall <eric@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> Subject: [tcb] Re: GR2 vs.
Gas-Adjust> To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Date: Monday, October 13, 2008, 2:15 PM> I
assume this is Denis and not Chuck?> Yeah, I remember your debacle.> How
 did yo
u adjust your front torsion springs?  I always> thought they> were fixed?>
Coilovers might be a good change.> > chuck blue wrote:> > Eric, I am surprised
if you hadn't heard of my> whole drama with the> > tires rubbing from the
lowering. I worked hard for a> long time to stop> > the tires from rubbing. I
even changed out the torsion> springs ( which> > actually helped. Mine were all
stuck together and> weren't really> > springing much). The thing I did that
helped the most> was adjusting my> > springplates higher. It's not too hard and
it cost> nothing. Murray> > does not sit as low as he did before, but it
really> did help.  I can> > carry a passenger now and it rarely rubs.> >> >
Lower profile tires in the front help, too, but> that's a whole other> >
discussion.> >> > If I was to make a new bus project I think I would> still
lower it at> > least some. The campers, like Fred's for instance,> sits quite a
bit> > lower than Chuck's Bluebus, which sits way high. I> guess this
 is the
> > result of all the weight the camper holds. So, if you> wanted a> >
> > passesger bus to be lower and stay stock, you have to> carry some> >
> > concrete bags or lead ballast bars.> >> > I like the feel of a lowered
> > bus.> >> >> > ----- Original Message ----- From: "Eric> Woodall"
> > <eric@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> > To: "Texas Coalition of Buses">
> > <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> > Sent: Monday, October 13, 2008 10:22 AM> > Subject:
> > [tcb] GR2 vs. Gas-Adjust> >> >> >> Coming home from T@P Sunday morning I
> > started> wondering if I should> >> switch out my GR2 shocks for
> > Gas-Adjust.> >> My bus is lowered via dropped spindles on the> front and I
> > am running the> >> beefy Hankook RA08 tires.> >> When I hit a bumpy country
> > road both of the front> tires slam into the> >> tops of the front wheel
> > wells giving off a hell of> a sound.> >> Anybody running Gas-Adjust shocks
> > on the front?> >> I have heard that I will hate it, but just wanted> to get
> > some opinions.> >>> >>> >> >> >> >

Want to do more with Windows Live? Learn ?10 hidden secrets? from Jamie. Learn
Now