[tcb] Re: Electronic Ignition

  • From: Justin Wilt <sunbugone@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 13:43:06 -0600

If the needle in the top of the float bowl is stuck, then yes, there is no
fuel flow.  When it dies, pull the fuel line off the carb and put it into a
plastic bottle, crank the engine over and see if anything comes out.  If
not, pull the hose off the pump where the fuel comes from the tank.  See if
anything trickles out.  The fuller the tank the more fuel will come out.
 You can also remove the top of the carburetor and see if there is any fuel
in the float bowl.  I always start with that and work my way back to the
tank. Hope this helps.  Remember, an engine is an air pump.  No spark, no
fuel, no run.  You can spray some carb cleaner into the carburetor throat
after it quits, if it runs then loss of fuel is your problem

--
Justin Wilt
Technician

Post Oak Motorcars