[tcb] Re: Electronic Ignition

  • From: "Denis Dodson" <coocoo@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 12:49:25 -0600

Electronic ignition is great as long as it works. That sounds dumb simple, but
it’s true. Some people put in elec and never have to set points and condenser
and their car runs great. I put them in and run for a year or so and then pfft!
When that happens and you don’t have a set of points, condenser and that f#%*!g
little screw, you are SOL and you bus is now a boat anchor.

If I was to go electrical, I think I would go the whole distributer-less MSD
stuff. I will probably die in a fiery ball of death, but I would go with it
before I would go with Pertronix again.

There seems to be a new player to replace Compu-fire. www.Hot-Spark.com

From: Fred McDonald <texasbluebus@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [tcb] Electronic Ignition
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wednesday, February 16, 2011, 10:36 AM

I want to convert to electronic ignition,

http://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=NFD%2D5600%2DBL

This is the kit I’m considering.

Any thoughts?

  _____