[tcb] Re: Electronic Ignition

Like I told you before Fred you need a good carb. A good german rebuilt.
Read the samba threads on the bulletproof carbs. Stay away from new
brazilian or mexican junk. A new set of points properly gapped will last
12000 miles at least. It sounds to me like your chasing your tail. Remember
sometimes you have two or three problems going on at the same time. Fixing
one does not fix all. But if you want to throw more money at an electronic
setup go ahead. Remember down the road if you forget what lead goes where
and hook it up backwards-poof-there it goes. But you do get to witness what
$100 in smoke looks like.

Shakey