[swag] Re: Summary of Submission Guidelines

  • From: Derek Jones <algorithm@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: swag@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2002 19:15:47 -0500

Bob, this raises, I think, a very important question. I agree that member art should be high caliber, which I why I think the 5 of us on the Membership Council should do our jobs and actually consider these apps with seriousness--possibly even requesting additional art from an applicant before rendering a decision.

However, what if someone whom we accepted into the guild is suddenly churning out Crayola and Spyrograph goodness as submissions? Do we just reject the individual artwork that the Inquisitors feel is outside the bounds of SWAG, or do we convene the council to review that applicant's status as a member?

Derek Jones
-Nafai

On Sunday, June 2, 2002, at 05:21 PM, Daniel Falconer wrote:

--- Bob Rodgers <bobjrodgers@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: >
Oh and Rev...you mentioned the Submissions
Inquisitors
being  the ones to  inform artist's that their  work
has been rejected- if you want I can take care of
that
duty, simply because it will relieve you guys of the
unpleasentness and also I would rather an artist
have
a beef with me than with the three of you or anyone
else in SWAG...Ive got a pretty tough skin.  Anyway,
thats just my offer to be a vessel of your decisions
and critiques.

Thanks for the generous offer Bob,

but I kinda figured that was part of our job as
Inquisitors, so I'm happy to retain that aspect of it.
 Actually, I look upon it as an opportunity to provide
some helpful critical feedback and advice, so it isn't
really a chore in my book.  I doubt there will be any
unpleasantness providing we maintain a professional
and polite manner, and remember to encourage at every
opportunity.

Thanks all the same though.  Besides which, I think
you're going to be a pretty busy man yourself.  I'm
sure the three of us can handle it.

How do the other Inquisitors feel about this?  Ronen,
Ghost?

regards, Daniel Falconer (Reverend Strone).

Bob

--- Chris Zaragoza <czaragoz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Well I have to say I more agree with the high
quality less requirements aim
than the "we take any old crap you want to
scribble
down as long as it's
original and not pornographic" bit....

Just seems that if I was looking for artwork for
my
game and I found a site
making claims to be the end all answer to this
need
and it was 75% crap I'd
look elsewhere from then on.