[swag] Re: Summary of Submission Guidelines

  • From: Daniel Falconer <falconernz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: swag@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 08:05:18 +1200 (NZST)

Well,

I'm of the opinion that we want to keep this site as
high quality as possible, both for Guild members and
casual submitters.  The difference I see between these
two categories is that casual submitters aren't bound
to any regular committments or the Online Journal
reqs.  The higher the standard of work on our pages,
the more likely we'll be to attract better and better
artists.  I don't so much see it as being exclusive,
as just aiming high.  We can always lower our
acceptance standards if we feel down the road that
we're being too stingy, although I think consistancy
from the outset is always preferable.

However, I do see the validity of the arguements being
expressed for the opposite policy, relaxing the expert
reqs for casual submitters, and I am happy to yield to
that, as it seems to be the popular view.  As an
Inquisitor, my position has to represent the
philosophies and standards of the whole team at SWAG,
so I'm completely cool to go with the majority on this
one.

Daniel Falconer (Reverend Strone).

http://www.sold.com.au - The Sold.com.au Big Brand Sale
- New PCs, notebooks, digital cameras, phones and more ... Sale ends June 12