[survived-dfw] Re: Lonely Photographer needs your help!

  • From: "Rohi Shetty" <rohishetty@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <survived-dfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 15:08:59 +0530

Hi James,

Get well soon.

And thanks for the ‘comma wizardry.’

Spot on, as always.

All the best.

much metta,

Rohi

From: survived-dfw-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:survived-dfw-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Charlie Bannister
Sent: Wednesday, 10 December, 2014 1:37 PM
To: survived-dfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [survived-dfw] Re: Lonely Photographer needs your help!

Hope you feel better soon, James.

Thanks for the comma witchcraft - that’s clever!

Charlie

On 9 Dec 2014, at 20:09, Damn Fine Words <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Just a major, major head cold and lung thing - I know a few people who've
caught it and there's not much to do about it but hang in and hope it goes
away. (A couple ended up on antibiotics, though.)  Still, not fun!

Cheers,

James Chartrand
Damn Fine Words/Damn Fine Ebooks

www.damnfinewords.com <http://www.damnfinewords.com/>

Connect with me:  <http://twitter.com/menwithpens>
<http://ca.linkedin.com/in/menwithpens>
<http://www.facebook.com/menwithpens>

On Tue, Dec 9, 2014 at 1:32 PM, Andree Kehn <andreekehn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

oh wow, that is a great trick!!

Love the re-write too! Thanks!

I hope you are feeling better! Was it the flu??

On Dec 9, 2014, at 1:18 PM, Damn Fine Words wrote:

My rework of the copy, for fun:

Curious about whether our photography skills fits into your budget? Wishing you
could have us snapping shots at your upcoming wedding?

You can. And you can get a $1,000 discount, too.

How? It's easy. If your wedding is set for an off-peak date, you can save
$1,000 on your wedding photography AND have us be there on your big day,
snapping shots you'll love forever.

Find out if your wedding date is eligible for a discount now.

That's what I'd do. When they click through, you can then have something that
shows them off peak dates, with a "eligible for a $1,000 discount", and below
it have the note about peak dates and their bonus.

Some knowledge for you:

Perceptually, writing out a number in full, with the comma ($1,000), makes it
look like more than when you don't have the comma ($1000). The number is longer
with the comma, and therefore our minds think it's a larger amount.

So use the comma when giving discounts. (For example, "You'll save $2,500 off
the regular rate!") Take it out when trying to downplay costs. (For example,
"It'll only cost you $5000.")

See how that works? Even in this email, the $2,500 looks like more money than
the $5000!

Cheers,

James Chartrand
Damn Fine Words/Damn Fine Ebooks

www.damnfinewords.com <http://www.damnfinewords.com/>

Connect with me:  <http://twitter.com/menwithpens>
<http://ca.linkedin.com/in/menwithpens>
<http://www.facebook.com/menwithpens>

On Mon, Dec 8, 2014 at 4:00 PM, Andree Kehn <andreekehn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Excellent, thank you both!

I've got to get this 100% settled soon!

On Dec 8, 2014, at 11:21 AM, Emil Moldovan wrote:

Hi Andree,

I hopped in with some thoughts below, see *** below. Maybe it helps.

Pe 07.12.2014 23:07, Andree Kehn a scris:

I'm creating a special for "Wistful Bride". I've got a full page ad in the Real
Maine Wedding magazine and handing out coupons at the bridal show (that this
magazine in distributed at.) I'm fortunate to have the bride and groom joining
me.

Both the ad and the coupon are intended to drive people to a custom landing
page on my website.

I then need to persuade them to fill out my lead generation form. My end goal
is to get on the phone with them. (and then talk them into booking)

I'm imaging a splash page with photo of the couple and then the following text-
what are you thoughts? (this is fleshed out  a mini)

You saw us at the bridal show or saw our advertisement.

*** Want to get the special photography you deserve at a special rate?  (And
here you are on our website, to see if you can budget for the photography you
know you deserve)

You can do it! I am offering a package that is $1000 below my normal starting
rate for any off-peak wedding.

Is your wedding on an off-peak date? Click here, now, to find out.

*** Not off-peak? I've got you covered, too! OR I've got something special for
you, too

*Couples with peak wedding dates will get your choice of a free engagement
session or a complimentary Photo Booth. Just mention Real Maine Weddings!

  _____

Acest email a fost scanat contra virușilor de către programul antivirus Avast.