Re: [steem] Steem Debug

  • From: "Lefteris Mitritsas" <mitsiou-sxoles@xxxxxx>
  • To: <steem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 02:48:26 +0200

RE: [steem] Steem Debug"Forgive my hasty conclusion.  from now on I'll take
time to make sure I know what I'm reading :-)...."

Don't think about it :-) it was a very healthy reaction considering all the
crap demands, claims, suggestions, remarks and every alike stuff that flooding
the scene from every "I don't know what I am talking about- but I still do talk
about it" guy that happens to be around. What I mean is that I ought to be more
specific right from the start but I was guessing that it was something already
known, so I didn't bother with detailed descriptions.

Anyway

"it would seem that the disk image is valid in this case of course.  now the
attachment of the disk image seems to be the problem. when you need to change
folders.  Perhaps it is coded right now to start a disk image at a specific
"internal" path?  do the disk images have to be on the same drive as the
emulator perhaps?  or under the executable's path somewhere?"

What makes me really curious is that wherever I put the damn file on the hard
disk image (in folder, in folders of other folders, in root directory) it
worked perfectly (while it shouldn't since it is not common for that kind of
games to work on hard drives). And on the other hand neither both medway boys
version and lsd version worked from the "original" compilations nor climatix
version (which is unpacked) worked from floppy's root directory or any other
directory I put it into (while it should since all games tend to keep up
extremely well with floppies). So I believe is either somewhere in the floppy
emulation routine that reads the sector (case marked with a very low
possibility mark) or (even worst) a timing problem (that I am afraid takes the
highest score

  I've dont this step by step as you explained.  and indeed I got the 4 ugly
faces of the apocalypse as I like to call them :-).

  it would seem that the disk image is valid in this case of course.  now the
attachment of the disk image seems to be the problem. when you need to change
folders.  Perhaps it is coded right now to start a disk image at a specific
"internal" path?  do the disk images have to be on the same drive as the
emulator perhaps?  or under the executable's path somewhere?

  I'll research this some more.

  Forgive my hasty conclusion.  from now on I'll take time to make sure I know
what I'm reading :-)....

  Again I hope this helps....