Re: [steem] Steem Debug

  • From: "Lefteris Mitritsas" <mitsiou-sxoles@xxxxxx>
  • To: <steem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 01:32:09 +0200

RE: [steem] Steem DebugYou are of course right but this is not the case here
(unfortunately).

Let me be more specific, (it is a test everyone can do in order to reproduce
the bug) you take this little game - "Plutos" - that you have on your hard disk
image and it runs perfectly ok under STEEM from there, and copy it via tos (any
tos version at all) into a freshly made disk image then try to run it from
there and tada! Bombs are shown their ugly face (If I remember well 4 of them -
means sector not found?). Ok now you disconnect the hard disk reboot STEEM and
try to run it - nah same reaction. Then you check your image, is it write
protected? - nope not the case there too. After that you can try to check if
the game looks for a sector in a non-standard formatted disk this of course
means that it can't run from hard disk -can it?- (which isn't true because you
know already it runs perfectly from there) but anyway, so you can try it on
another emulator. Now you take SainT and place in drive the same disk image,
this time works ok (exactly as it works under STEEM when you run it from hard
disk). That leaves us with a bug, I think.

I found three appearances of that game on the net (I can try and find the names
of the groups that have brought it, if you want, or even upload the game
somewhere -ok just kidding i know you can find it-) all have the same reaction:
on STEEM - 4 bombs, on SainT - works ok. Of course all of the talking is not
about the game (it is not much of a game anyway, just exploding some poor
aliens for yet once more) which it can be played anyway either on STEEM from
hard disk or on SainT, is because I really do think that "Plutos" points to a
floppy section bug of STEEM.

PS
Thanks for responding so quickly, not so common nowadays ;-)