[SI-LIST] Re: fiber-weave effect alive and well?

  • From: "Loyer, Jeff" <jeff.loyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gedlund@xxxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 15:03:48 -0700

Some work that we've done is available at
http://www.circuitree.com/CDA/Articles/Web_Only_Editorial/BNP_GUID_9-5-2
006_A_10000000000000063250

But, this is the same paper as was presented in DesignCon '07, and the
performance hit is evaluated with simulations (though the delta Er value
used in the simulations is derived from empirical data).

If you're asking about measurements of actual systems, I don't think
anyone's done that.  The applicability of the data would be so narrow
(only relevant for those specific weave type/dimensions, weave alignment
of the signal layers on that particular build of boards, etc.) as to be
virtually meaningless.

Jeff Loyer