[SI-LIST] Re: Xilinx decoupling

  • From: "Martin Euredjian" <martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Georg Ramsch" <Georg.Ramsch@xxxxxxxxxxx>,<si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 15:50:31 -0800

Thanks for the note.

My approach has been to start with the Xilinx "standard routing" document
(UG002, v1.2, page 475) and manually create connections to relevant logic
outside the chip.

With this in place I crated the schematic symbols and assigned signals to
match the standard routing.  Hopefully this means that the schematics will
require little, if any modifications due to routing issues, since every
single signal's route to its destination has already been studied and placed
by hand.

I had some concerns about assigning wide busses across bank boundaries and
asked a couple of questions about this on this list.  Other than that, this
is the only way I can put sweat equity into a process that has the potential
to be very expensive and painful if one does not do this sort of thing.

Clearly there has to be a better way to do this.  I'm not sure how the $100K
tools do it, I'm just using PCAD ... enough said.  The real layout will be
done by a vendor with more advanced tools.

I have a better sense of proportion when it comes to the layout of the >80
capacitors required by this device now.  We'll see how it turns out.

Thanks,

 Martin Euredjian
  eCinema Systems, Inc.
       voice: 661-305-9320