[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Why ?

  • From: "Nancy Harper" <nancy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 17:45:30 -0500

Louie and Carolyn
You are so right and ------,
 the GSDC of America needs to offer MORE EDUCATION TO THE JUDGES.  One
seminar at our National,is not, in my opinion nearly enough.   In learning
about other breeds, so that I could judge them correctly, I am amazed at the
numerous seminars that other breeds offer the student judge.  As I look in
the back of the AKC Gazette I see loads of seminars offered throughout the
country, by breed clubs that are dedicated to educating all breed judges,
they are very serious about it.
It is quite possible that many of the all breed judges are either judging or
attending other Group Judging Seminars and cannot attend only the one
Seminar that the GSDCA offers.
As it becomes more difficult to have large major shows we are seeing that
some Specialty Shows are backing up with All Breed shows such as GSDC of No
Ohio has done, with outstanding success.   What an opportunity for us to
educate so many all breed judges at one time!!!!!!!!!!  We are missing a
golden opportunity.  We do have the $'s to spend on education and a
responsibility to do so.  Besides these eager judges are willing to pay to
come to seminars;!!!  Most all breed judges really do not want to make fools
of themselves when they judge large all breed shows and have to pass
judgment on a breed they have not been properly educated on in order to be
eligible to judge that group.  We may not like this but it is a fact.
I do believe we will see a united effort to make this happen in the not too
distant future.
Nancy Harper