[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Who are we kidding?

  • From: "D.D. and Bonnie Ardoin" <cudjoegsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <MarcatoGSD@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 15:33:06 -0600

Jackie-There is nothing wrong with wanting a dog that conforms to your
tastes.  But I don`t think you are right to tell other people who have been
in the Breed for many years and have been very successful in theiur personal
segment of the many faceted German Shepherd Dog, that their life time in the
Breed has been a failure because their dogs do not conform to your tastes.
Then they, rightly so, can also state that your short time in the Breed has
been a failure because your dog, or perception of the correct dog, does not
conform to their dogs.  Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  If you have
what you want, then be happy but don`t try to make me accept what you
accept.  I can`t dictate to you what you should have not can you dictate the
same to me.  I know of no one who has the "perfect dog" to all people  that
is why we continue to breed better dogs and why we participate in the many
venues open to competition in our great breed.
                  D.D.