[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Who are we kidding?

  • From: MarcatoGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 14:59:13 EST

Considering the dog I have is a German bred animal, that's really not true at
all.  Considering his conformation, I wouldn't want another that looks like
him.  *shrugs* Maybe this is the wrong breed for me, as there are very few GSDs
out there I like the looks of.  I picked the breed because it has a
personality that fits mine, and there are very few other breeds of dogs I can
tolerate
(usually because they're too darn happy or hyper)
I like a "moderate" animal, not an "extreme" one.  So a moderate animal is
what I seek.  I seek an animal with a level back.  Maybe I'm interpreting level
wrong.  I just don't see the point in breeding a style of animal that I find
distasteful.  Maybe I won't have a Manhattan or Tena or anything of the like,
and perhaps I won't breed that style of dog I like, but it won't be because it
"doesn't win"

Maybe I'm too picky.  I don't know.  All I know is what I like, and I find it
difficult to find, and still be "Right"

In a message dated 12/18/2005 12:38:33 AM Central Standard Time,
carolynmckenna@xxxxxxxxx writes:
I don't like any dog that doesn't look like mine

- Jackie

Marcato Shepherds
Where it's about function, not flash