[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: GSD Judges

  • From: EKOLAN1@xxxxxxx
  • To: hcj2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, GEschette@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 12:44:55 EST

In a message dated 12/11/2005 12:50:20 AM Eastern Standard Time,
hcj2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
My point  is that I know a good GSD as do most of the Multiple Breed Judges
that  are constantly being maligned by some of the people on the  list! It
costs much time,  travel, education, and money to become an  AKC judge and
even more of the above to add other breeds that you can  judge. To become an
AKC Group Judge takes approx 5 to 10 years of work  after being approved for
your first breed.
.
Without multiple breed  judges there can not be a GSD herding group winner or
Best in  Show!!!!!

Harlowe Jahelka, AKC Judge #1095

I am convinced by your post that you know A  good GSD but do you know all the
other herding breeds every bit as well not  having bred and shown them for 10
years as you did GSDs. If not and I  don't know how you could. Then this is
the all breed judge that most  shepherd people are complaining about you know
the Beagle breeder who now has  all the breeds. I have had my shepherd Lic.
since 1966 and I used to accept  Shepherds at all breed shows. I can remember
sitting in the judges room watching  a judge reading a drug store copy of a
know
your Cocker  Spaniel and later  happening to see him judging that breed.
That's the all breed judge I object to.  He can only harm the breed.
Fred Migliore