[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Fw: [amergsd] Stud Dog Owners

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: lfossland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, stormygsd@xxxxxxx, Elsyd1@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2005 16:42:04 EDT

In a message dated 8/6/2005 4:06:55 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
lfossland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
When you  have a stud dog, don't you keep track of the progeny? It just
makes good  sense.

Sort of.  My hat is off to Mo, because she has a lot more info than I  do re
hip stats because her companion people x-ray (prelim) when they spay  neuter.
I usually only get calls when something goes wrong.   (Including a couple who
had a pup from one of my males who has some sort of  awful gastro problem,
poor dog NEVER had a firm stool, $$$$$$ later and nothing  definitive, it turns
out it was all the zucchini <from their garden> in  olive oil they were giving
him.)

So,  actually, the stud dog owner should have had a picture of what his dog
and  the bitch are able to produce together and if there were any problems
then  why do a 3rd and even 4th repeat?

If I read the post correctly, the only thing that was possibly wrong by the
time they did the third repeat was a bitch who would "maybe OFA fair".   Going
on that, I'd have done the 3rd repeat.

I'm sure there's a lot to the story.  The only thing you can do is try  your
darndest to do right by people.  Even so, you aren't going to make  everyone
happy all of the time.  It's easy as the bitch owner/breeder of  record.  You
have a contract...if "this" happens, I will do "that".   Folks can either
agree, or they can walk away.  As the owner of a male,  it's not so black an
white.
 Yes, you want to do good breedings, yes, you  want to be there and answer
questions and hand hold for the people who end up  with one of your boys'
puppies, certainly you want to know about any problems,  yes, if something
doesn't
work out and the breeder doesn't step up and a puppy  needs to be placed, you
should be willing to help, but even so, realize that  hindsight is 20-20 and
you can't satisfy everyone.

Kathy
three generations of Dual Titled Champions  live here!

visit _Pine Hill German Shepherd  Dogs_