[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Fw: [amergsd] Stud Dog Owners

  • From: Rbuffdogs@xxxxxxx
  • To: Elsyd1@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2005 13:25:35 EDT

Hello
As with every story there are two sides.  There are inconsitancies  here and
untruths in the post that was sent by Elsyd on behalf of another  party.  Now
before anyone slams me , saying I am being nasty about Syd, I  love Syd to
pieces, and would do anything for her. But I digress..

  If  in any line with any type of  animals ,the breeders  and stud owner can
not be honest about the facts then it leaves victimized  owners with nothing.
I am sick to death of people that claim to be standup and then when it hits
the fan ,  then do nothing. It is about breeders and breeding parties that
are only to happy to help, and cajole and revel in success and sales, but when
 failure happens, cant be bothered or say things when pressed for help and I
quote.. "please don't bother us futher  with this , it is just too
stressful." It is about SPIN CONTROL rather than standing up and FIXING a
mess.  It is
about apathy , it is about integrity, and doing your best to  make amends in
a tough situation.  It is about taking and returning  phonecalls from
distraught owners.  It is about taking some initiative and  some responsibility
after
the fact and calling owners of your stud or bitches'  progeny to let them know
there may be a problem with their dog....or in the face  of bad news, to call
them, to HELP them, to SUPPORT them, and to STAND BY YOUR  ANIMALS,  and be
true to your previous statements.  I  don't care  if you breed dogs, or
chickens, if you own the rooster or the hen, so to  speak.
   This topic has been brought to light, because we are  being contacted
DAILY by heartbroken owners, that canNOT GET CALLS RETURNED  OR get not much
more
than apathy or "gee, sorry" from anyone else.  We  have brought this to light
because this is a longstanding pattern with the  breeder, who is good at what
she does, which is con and abuse people and their  trust.

It is not lost on me how ironic that all was "hunky dorry" when everyone  was
winning, making money, puppies were being sold, bitches being bred...it was
all good.  Now, where is everyone ????
People talk a big game about being open about health issues, and about  being
standup individuals......until they are put to the test in a big  way.
I will not apologize for bringing to light a WHOLLY unethical  breeder.  I
will not apologize for dislike of the apathy and excuses heaped  upon owners by
the owners of both stud and dam. I will not apologize for HATING  the
disloyalty that has left Ken and Myself to answer some very difficult
questions by
heartbroken owners, when we sold  only two of the eight  dogs....we owned
neither the sire nor the dam. But here we are, left holding the  bag......and I
will
not apologize for calling BS on the attempt at spin control  that is going
on.
We have NOTHING to hide, and no reason .   All we want is for the  owners to
get satisfaction for their heartache, and for all the parties involved  in the
ownership of the breeding animals to stand behind these puppies......esp  the
breeder .
Oh yeah, everyone wants honesty and disclosure, until it involves someone
they know or THINK they know third party...then they don't want  to believe it.
Even when the facts are undeniable, even when proof is  positive, even when it
is a pattern, even when STILL nothing has or is being  done for the owners.

So we are left with a decision, to save ourselves and do spin control on a
terrible situation, and give excuses like the other parties ...or to stand up
and try to HELP these owners....we chose the latter, and boy it sure is lonely
 out here.  But at least I can sleep at night.
I will make no further public comment on ANY of this as the details  were
never intended to be public . Further emails on the subject will have  to come
me privately.   The whole matter makes me want to throw  up.
Kathy Gray

Finest in American Show & German Importing
WEBSITE UPDATED: JUNE 6, 2005

_Victory German  Shepherds_ (http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com/index.htm)