[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Fw: [amergsd] Stud Dog Owners

  • From: Susan Madlung <stormygsd@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Elsyd1@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2005 10:08:23 -0700

This explanation is all fine and good.. this could happen to any one of us
and does.. hindsight is such a wonderful thing..
the issue, as I see it, is how is the situation being dealt with
***now***???
I certainly would hope people wouldn't go into a breeding knowing problems
would arise, but how do they respond when(if) problems do come up?? Do you
ignore the owners of the dogs with problems? Do you turn your back on them
and say.. "oh, well, we thought we were doing the right thing?" do you just
walk away??? or do you make an effort to compensate?

I am not saying the owners of a stud dog are the ones solely responsible..
that lies completely with the breeder.. however, stud dog owners need to be
better informed as to how that person breeding to their stud dog would
respond to problems that may come up..
It does take 2 to tango, and those 2 do carry a responsibility.

stud dog owners: it isn't enough to take the fee, do the breeding and walk
away - know WHO you are dealing with, HOW they demonstrate responsible
breeding, and find out if they maintain the same ethical standards as you
do. if you don't, be ready to take some heat if that person who bred to your
stud dog is greedy, unethical and irresponsible for the puppies you helped
produce..
JMHO..
Sue Madlung - Shadowacre Reg'd German Shepherds
http://www.shadowacre.com
** WEBPAGE RE-DESIGNED ***