[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: CHIC

  • From: MORGAN LEWIS <shadowland22000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "SHOWGSD@xxxxxxx" <SHOWGSD@xxxxxxx>, "texasgsds@xxxxxxxxx" <texasgsds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 07:42:05 -0800 (PST)

Too me the  CHIC should never have been watered down to make the requirements
easier to obtain!! The Thyroid test is the best in the  world, and should be
updated at least every 2 years or breeding cycle. The DM test while still
contriversial, appears to be  valid, although complicated!!

In the next several months, we will probably see test for  Mega and IBD, and
possibly several more. The  GSDCA (Health and Genetics Committee)should
evaluate each of these test and determine if they should be part of the  CHIC
PROTICOL. We need to reinstate the GSDCA HEALTH MERIT AWARD. I would like to
see the  AD and BH become part of the  GSDCA Health  Program. The  more
evaluations of Health and Temperament that we have and USE, the  better the
BREED

Morgan  Lewis, RPh.
Member GSDCA
President Last Hope of  Georgia 501c3