[rollei_list] Re: VERY OT: Lucas Electrical Systems

  • From: "Austin Franklin" <austin.franklin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 13:14:02 -0500

Hi Marc,

> I am still waiting to
> learn of any car sold in the US with  a Lucas
> electric fuel pump.  I have never seen one.

You keep qualifying your original statement.  You're also hyper-focusing on
one small piece of the original discussion, which was reliability (or lack
thereof) of Lucas electrics.  Whether the cars had Lucas fuel pumps or not.

Come on Marc, your original claim was VERY clear:

"Lucas did not make fuel pumps."

I see nothing about "sold in the US" or "carb equipped", you simply said
Lucas did not make fuel pumps.  They clearly did.  Why can't you just say
you were mistaken, and move on?

Regards,

Austin