[rollei_list] Re: VERY OT: Lucas Electrical Systems

  • From: Jerry Lehrer <glehrer@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 13:59:08 -0700

Marc,

It is MARELLI, not Marinelli !! Alfa Romeo was not reliable 'till they switched to Bosch.. (relatively
speaking of course}

Yes, I have had Bosch systems in all my Porsches since 1957. (A new 4 cam 1500 Carrera GS coupe)

Jerry

Marc James Small wrote:
At 01:18 AM 10/29/2009, Jon wrote:
>Rolls have Lucas systems? No?
>
>Lucas switch: dim, flicker and off.
>
>What's the only thing Lucas makes that doesn't suck?  A vacuum!

You, sir, obviously have never worked with either Lucas or Bosch gear.

Lucas stuff works wonderfully so long as you understand the maintancance interval. Read what was required and do it, and it is deathlessly reliable. Bosch was junk until they started making stuff in Mexico City. Then quality control ramped up.

Go figure. But when someone on this List can prove a deeper time working with Bosch or Lucas gear than I have, I will stand pat. Jerry Lehrer probably has more time than I do working on early Bosch gear.

Let us not speak of Marinelli gear.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!