[rollei_list] Re: VERY OT: Lucas Electrical Systems

  • From: Don Williams <dwilli10@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 14:20:16 -0500

At 01:48 PM 10/29/2009, Carlos wrote, in part:
The Jaguar 4.2 and 3.4 XJ6 1976 Series II used carburator and was
exported to the United States  and had a Lucas electric fuel pump,
this is a no debatable fact.
Carlos

I am sure this is an accurate statement. I remember visiting them at their Birmingham Plant to pitch them on fuel pump manufacturing equipment we had sold to GM when GM had the electric fuel pump in the tank, (circa Vega time-frame). We also visited GKN on that trip, after first starting with Ford of England.

I remember that at that time I owned, or maybe had previously owned, and Austin Healy 100-6, which had Lucas electrics in it.

For those who remember nursery rhymes, I was most impressed that we went through "Banbury Cross" on that trip, finding that it was a real location shown on the maps. (

Ride a Cock Horse to Banbury Cross)

DAW