[rollei_list] Re: Rolleiflex 35mm Cameras

  • From: Mark Rabiner <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 19:44:58 -0500

> THANKS! At least I know my memory is still intact. That is how I remember it.
> Ashame they could not incorporate a RF into the body. I own an Olympus XA with
> a 35mm F2.8 and it is smaller AND has a RF. Is there a reason Maitani (the
> designer) was able to do this and Wasske was not? I mean, is the Sonnar lens
> the reason? Too large?

I also have used my XA extensively the issue being it vignettes like a son
of a gun. As I tend to print full frame black border this is quite
noticeable. Though I don't mind vignetting. I kind of like it. I'd buy a
vignetting filter if they sold one. Not the anti vignetting filters like
they sell  for true wides- but a vignetting  filter to darken edges.

Mark William Rabiner