[rollei_list] Re: New NiCad cells for Rolleiflex 3001

  • From: Hauke Fath <hauke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2010 19:30:21 +0200

At 8:00 Uhr -0700 15.8.2010, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
>Well, the first think I found out was that my ability to read German
>isn't what it used to be.

Well, you tried.  :)

>I find that their checkout system doesn't seem to want to ship to the
>Vereinigte Staaten.

I guess shipping cost would be prohibitive, especially since there surely
are alternatives in the US. I remember, though, that it took me a while to
find that offer, and I was quoted ridiculous prices for custom-made packs
from other shops.

>I haven't been able to find similar services in the US, but I did find
>that this is a standard configuration and I can purchase a 5 x AA nicad
>as a standard item although they are probably Chinese.

I guess custom-made is more of an issue with the SLX/6000 packs, which have
8x 2/3A cells in a particular array. 5x AA in parallel should be a standard
pack size.

        hauke