[rollei_list] Re: MwSt., looks OT but it is not, someway

  • From: John Wild <JWild@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 11:44:46 +0000

Hi Carlos,

I am not sure about Germany. In England, if you are from a country outside
the European Union and you buy something in the shops, you get a form and
you can claim back the tax that has been paid in the shop.  I think that you
can do that when you leave the country.

If you order from abroad, the company should not add the tax when they
charge you, providing you inform them at the time.

I guess Germany is the same, but best to check.

John