[rollei_list] Re: MwSt., looks OT but it is not, someway

  • From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 18:39:04 -0500

At 06:26 PM 2/22/2012, CarlosMFreaza wrote:
> Ferdi Stutterheim <F.W.Stutterheim-77@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> escribió:
>> Carlos,
>>
>> It is rather complicated. VAT is European law so I have checked the
>tax website in my country. Stefan is right, the service is taxable in
>Germany assuming you are obtaining the service as a private person. If
>you would obtain the service as a busyness it would not be taxable in
>Germany but in Argentina. A further complication is the sale of parts!
>The parts are goods sold and exported outside E.C. and have to be
>taxed at 0% VAT.  The parts have to specified on the bill and the shop
>should be able to prove that the parts have left E.C. That means
>keeping all shipping papers for many years.
>>
>> You can imagine that many small shops cannot be bothered with all
>this and add VAT on the whole bill. Things will be different when
>buying expensive goods.

Carlos

I was unaware of a South American tea party movement!

Send your repairs to me, and I will forward them to Europe. We do not have any sort of registration of small businesses here in Virginia and I own Small Shoots, and can get you VAT-free service under that name. I have done it for others. This is, after all, the Great Republic, and, our current excuse for a President to the contrary, the US was born on the principle of paying no taxes, and a Bronx cheer to that German woman who reigns as the Queen of the Mother-Land of taxation. <he grins>

Think about it.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!