[rollei_list] Re: MwSt., looks OT but it is not, someway

Hallo Carlos,

On Tue, 21 Feb 2012, CarlosMFreaza wrote:

My question has a direct relationship with my Voigtländer/Rollei
camera repair:  since I'm out of the European Union territory I don't
need to pay the MwSt (MehrwehrtSteuer, VAT) tax according my
knowledge, is this right?

No, you have to pay the Umsatzsteuer, because this is a service done in Germany. You are not buying a camera but you let someone work in Germany. That's the difference.

You can read the details at "http://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/ustg_1980/index.html"; but this is a most ugly legal text.

Regards

Stefan Kell