[rollei_list] Re: MwSt., looks OT but it is not, someway

Carlos,

It is rather complicated. VAT is European law so I have checked the tax website
in my country. Stefan is right, the service is taxable in Germany assuming you
are obtaining the service as a private person. If you would obtain the service
as a busyness it would not be taxable in Germany but in Argentina. A further
complication is the sale of parts! The parts are goods sold and exported
outside E.C. and have to be taxed at 0% VAT.  The parts have to specified on
the bill and the shop should be able to prove that the parts have left E.C.
That means keeping all shipping papers for many years.

You can imagine that many small shops cannot be bothered with all this and add
VAT on the whole bill. Things will be different when buying expensive goods.

Best regards,
Ferdi.

F.W. Stutterheim,
F.W. Stutterheim Beheer B.V.
DRACHTEN
The Netherlands
VAT Reg. Nr. NL806902358B01

Op 21 feb 2012, om 21:58 heeft Stefan Kell het volgende geschreven: