[rollei_list] Re: Ford motor and Rolleiflex

  • From: Jim Brick <jim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 13:50:02 -0800

You can think whatever you wish Eric, but in my 56 years of making and exhibiting photographs, what I said is the general attitude of observers that I have encountered from exhibits, workshops, slide shows, etc. I may be incorrect from your and a few others on this list's viewpoint, but that is but a pittance compared to the whole.

Jim

At 02:19 PM 12/6/2006 -0500, Eric Goldstein wrote:

As for Jim's statement that the shots are way too blue, that they must
be corrected, and that all observers will agree with his
pronouncement, I say Jim, I and some others on this list are living
proof that you are wrong! This is a matter of taste and opinion, not
absolute judgment.

Eric Goldstein

--

On 12/6/06, Slobodan Dimitrov <s.dimitrov@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Yep, I have to agree with that. Living in South Cal. is a bear on
contrast control. If one has to be there to explain the image, for
quality or content, then that image has failed. A successful print is
a stand alone print. Unless it's an essay, and even then....

Slobodan Dimitrov
http://www.sdimitrovphoto.com/