[rollei_list] Re: Digital Advice

  • From: Bob Adler <rgacpa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 09:32:40 -0700 (PDT)

Welllll, not quite so.
I do notice black, man-made fibers (i.e., clothes) turning magenta when not
using the IR cut filter. Both indoors and out.
HOWEVER!...
1.  For landscape this makes absolutely no difference, so no filter required.
2.  If I know I'm going to shoot people (which I usually know in advance), I
put the filter on (you get 2 free when you buy the camera), but only if I know
I might want color.
3.  The camera is a marvel in BW, so I just don't feel a need for the filter.
When I shoot people without it and convert to BW, the images just POP! Lecia
glass mated to specially designed sensor = good stuff
So if you own glass you like (love in my case), buy the digital body to go with
it. If you don't give a hoot about your glass, start a new sytem one lens at a
time with whatever your budget can afford.
If you'd like to see some jpegs of the M8 images:
http://www.raflexions.com/Leica
All were taken w/o the IR cut filters...
Bob
 Bob Adler
Palo Alto, CA
http://www.raflexions.com