[rollei_list] Re: Computer for PhotoShop CS2

  • From: Don Williams <dwilli10@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 05 Aug 2006 12:51:25 -0700

At 07:04 PM 8/5/2006 +0100, John Wild wrote, in part:

There is a strong consensus that graphics are better suited to a Mac.

I've heard that for years and it may well be true. The one thing that is almost certainly true is the new Mac's with OS-X are running on top of Unix, my favorite operating system.

Windows has become a twisted mess, with some 10 million lines of code written by a million individuals. When I ran a Microsoft analysis program to see if this computer could run Longhorn, Vista, (or whatever their next OS is called), my machine failed in many ways, most of which can't be fixed by adding memory or a new video card.

Don Williams
La Jolla, CA