[rollei_list] Re: Computer for PhotoShop CS2

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2006 18:19:45 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jeffery Smith" <jls@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, August 05, 2006 3:31 PM
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: Computer for PhotoShop CS2

Thanks much! I'll take a look for Sonys when I get back to New Orleans. I have been concerned about non-CRT monitors. I'll look for the Samsung as well. Thanks again!

Something else in case no one has mentioned it. As a rule of thumb you will need a minimum of about three times as much ram as the largest graphics file you intend to use. Photoshop is a memory hog. If you are doing serious editing you will have several versions of the image or layers open at once, all very large files.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA
dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx