[rollei_list] Re: Computer for PhotoShop CS2

I use a Mac at home and a PC at work. There is no doubt in my mind that the Mac
has a better operating system. Windows is stable since NT but still
exasperatingly incapable compared to Mac. The Mac machines also have more
computing potential than most PCs due to 64 bit processors which windows
doesn't adequately support yet. The new Macs can even run windows.
A colleague of mine who is "mister pc" at work and has written some fabulous
software for vehicle dynamic simulation on a pc and is a music lover too. He
had been investigating wireless networking of music in his home and decided a
Mac would be a good music server. He bought one as a music server but was so
impressed by the Mac OS that he bought another as his home PC 4 days later. He
is the best convert I know because he knows windows and dos intimately and is a
better arbiter than anyone else I know.
His wife was a big part in the decision, she managed to download and publish to
the web her holiday pictures without instruction using the mac.
If you are commited to any windows software the recent macs will run windows -
but I bet you won't once you've tried the mac.
May be worth waiting for the imminent new model if you want a tower machine.
Frank

On 8/4/06, Jeffery Smith <jls@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote: It's time for me to upgrade my
3-year-old Gateway computer to something with more resources, and I need to go
from Photoshop CS to CS2. For the same amount of money, will a PC serve me as
well as a Mac? If I'm going to shoot for a $2500 spending limit (for just the
computer, not the PhotoShop), how would it be best spent? I can add external
hard drives, so internal hard drive space is not so much a concern.

Jeffery