[rodgersorgan] Re: Organ at Walt Disney Concert Hall

  • From: Tallorg@xxxxxxx
  • To: WmMTexas@xxxxxxx, rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 13:59:10 EDT

Hi, List!
Herewith attached is a recent digital picture taken on May 14th that shows
the present state of the installation of the new Disney Hall organ.  It was
taken by Manuel Rosales and sent to me.  Manuel will begin the tonal finishing
in
about two weeks.

This unusual "beauty" will play for the first time in a private concert for
the Los Angeles AGO 2004 National Convention on July 8, 2004.  There will be
three organists, Cherry Rhodes, Robert Parris and Joseph Adam.  Miss Rhodes
will
perform a new concerto with the LA Philharmonic Orchestra commissioned by the
New Music Committee of the 2004 Convention.  Mr. Parris will perform the
Sowerby Organ Concerto with the LA Phil.  Mr. Adam will appear in a 30 minute
solo
performance designed to show off the new organ.

Don't let the modern appearance scare you into pronouncing it ugly sounding!
In order to make those kind of judgements, you need to hear it for yourself.
So, I invite all of you to attend our convention and then you will be
authorized critics.

I think she is staggeringly beautiful!  And so is the building . . . all very
different, all very beautiful.  And what a great specification for a concert
hall organ!

Regards,

Robert Tall,  Convention Coordinator
Los Angeles AGO 2004 Nationa Convention
July 4-9, 2004

-- Type: multipart/appledouble
-- File: Disney Organ 5/15/03.jpg

Your purchases at www.frogmusic.com support the
Rodgers Organ Users Group and are appreciated!