[roc-chat] Re: Space Camp for today's kids

  • From: R Dierking <applerocketry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 11:05:03 -0700

Oh, how funny!!! my bad.  Good one.

Richard

From: lyzenga@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [roc-chat] Re: Space Camp for today's kids
Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 10:35:38 -0700
To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

On May 30, 2014, at 10:25 AM, R Dierking <applerocketry@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:Very
busy today with work, but felt compelled to jump back in on this one.
I'm no opponent of reality.  In fact, sometimes I dish out too much myself -
even for adults.  :-)

However, if you're a parent with kids in school, you've probably seen what I'm
talking about.  You get a note from your kid's teacher saying that today they
had the opportunity to learn how a 'No' on some educational proposition or
reduction on teacher salaries will effect their education, and you say, WTF is
this?

So, yeah, I'm not a big fan of things that smell like secret agendas.   To me,
it's right in there with special 'student' programs that when you take a closer
look are just things that adults wanted to do and just used kids to get funding
or approval, or whatever.

Richard Dierking

A sampling of headlines from "The Onion" Science/Tech section:

Scientific Community Baffled By Man Whose Waist 32 With Some Pants, 33 With
Others
American Medical Association Changes Stance On Self-Immolation
Paleontologists Unearth Earliest Known Dinosaur Stickers
Prescription Bottle Recommends Taking 10 Tablets If You Really Want To Fly
Study: Most Serial Killers Did Not Receive Toy Every Time They Went To Store As
Kids
Study: Home Rotisseries Only American Technological Field Still Advancing
Modernized Space Camp Allows Kids To Simulate Frustration Over Lack Of Funding

<lyzenga@xxxxxxx>Dept. of Physics, Harvey Mudd College            (909)
621-8378Claremont, CA 91711-5990                       mobile (626) 808-5314