[roc-chat] Re: [Bulk] Re: Youth Groups at ROCstocks

  • From: Richard Dierking <richard.dierking@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 09:23:54 -0800

OMG; I really didn't wish to go down this road.  However, I don't feel too
bad about it because I've brought this up a couple times before.

At ROC launches, the RSO is busy inspecting rockets and many times is
sitting at a table with their back to the range.  This is a poor title for
this person.  The RSO should be the RSO.  Again, we're talking about
another position, but maybe not another person.  One of the Board members
at the launch could be stationed by the LCO watching the PM and LCO and
running the range.  The RSO should not be rushed and have the final say on
range operations.  The RSO should appoint the rocket inspectors according
to their skill and knowledge.  You shouldn't have someone that just got
their L2 inspecting a rocket with an M motor.

The order of authority at a launch should be: God, RSO, everyone else.

I usually, preface my statements with "I believe" or "in my opinion," but
this time, I'm saying, this is the way it should be.

Richard Dierking