[roc-chat] Re: Assistance with Repair on ROC PA System

  • From: Nathan Asdourian <rawliquid@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ROC <roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2014 23:31:22 -0700

I'm happy to help if needed, The soldering is the easy part, for me it's
been difficult to locate quality connectors without going way overkill...
Is this being run off of a transformer connected to the gen?
If so, would you have any interest in converting it to run off of a 12v
battery?

Take one of the smaller ammo cans, I can check what caliber was stored in
the one I have. Drill a hole in the back to secure a marine grade cig
lighter socket, then inside you wire up two 7Ah sealed lead acid batteries
to be in parallel. add a layer of foam rubber to the sides and bottom, and
put a spacer between the batteries or even just add a piece of the foam
rubber to the top of one batt, slide them in the box top to top and you
have a portable 14Ah pack.  Then you can set it under the table and have a
pigtail that leaves enough length to go straight up and leave a little
slack for shifting it around when necessary.
I know I try to open mine up while they are in use but so far I've never
had a problem when I've left it closed. You just have to be sure it is open
while charging.
If you managed to actually keep people from approaching you could even add
a solar panel to it...

Anyways, Just a few thoughts, I'm in Hawthorne and can go pretty much
anywhere within say a 30-45 minute drive pretty much anytime during the
day, My only goal is to stay out of rush hour traffic.

Nate

--
I respectfully decline the invitation to join your hallucination.