[ratpack] Re: Concours photos

  • From: "Larry Knight" <Larry.Knight@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 08:21:25 -0600

Oops forgot the example pic.

Larry

From: ratpack-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ratpack-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of John Christensen
Sent: Tuesday, August 25, 2009 6:48 AM
To: ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ratpack] Re: Concours photos

If you look at the Ferrari GTC picture, you will see the dark spot on
the hood. There are 2 of these in every picture I take with myu camera.
I have another example on a Corvette from the Nickey Chevrolet event
(that I still don't have posted).

Anyone know what this might be? Can't see any dirt anywhere.

Thanks,
JC

JC

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 7:38 AM, John Christensen <johncgg@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

All work and no play pisses John off. Trying to bounce back from a
complete HD failure at work (power outage, and restart during another
surge fried it). Plus more than I can get done at home. At least I have
a job.

Her are some tidbits.
Don't know if they will go through (size) but I am throwing them out
there.

JC

---
John Christensen
Saint Charles, IL

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 7:04 AM, Ray Buck <rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Very kool.  Interesting biography thumbnail:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Hawthorn

Since Hawthorn's last race was the Morroco Grand Prix in 1959, it
reminded me that I was at that GP in 1971...on a Norton 750 (borrowed.)
Very few photos from that event...probably because I was a wee bit
"dazed and confused" due to various chemicals...and I got thrown out of
the Hilton hotel there for being a "feelthy heepee."  Not long after
than I returned to the states and eventually tried to adopt a normal
lifestyle.  Never really worked.  I kept hearing this different drummer,
see....and it was probably John Christensen.  :)

For those who don't know, John's a drummer and played with a band called
"Jonesin" for quite a while.

Btw, John...hurry up with them Concours photos...I'm still stuck on the
salt flats race cars.

Ray

At 12:23 AM 8/25/2009, you wrote:

Daily Driver

1952 Ferrari 212 Coupe
Chassis Number  0143E
Bodied by Carrozzeria Touring

Car given to Mike in 1952 and he used the car in 1953 and then bought
the car in 1954.

John W