[ratpack] Re: A totally insane "LSR" event in Florida

  • From: humminboid@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 03:33:06 +0000 (UTC)

OUCH!
----- Original Message -----
From: "John Christensen" <johncgg@xxxxxxxxx>
To: ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, November 19, 2009 7:35:59 PM GMT -07:00 US/Canada Mountain
Subject: [ratpack] Re: A totally insane "LSR" event in Florida

That was pretty cool. You're right about the chances of something happening.
More money than brains I would suspect.

This is what happened to one of those weekend warriors with a ton of money
shortly after we got off the track in the Noble. See pic. The owner was
laughing about having half a mile of tubing in his garage he was wanting to do
something with. Now he'll take the parts from the wasted GT and build a
project.

JC

---
John Christensen
Saint Charles, IL

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 3:48 PM, < humminboid@xxxxxxxxxxx > wrote:

O wow!  Cool sounds, and the photo opportunities! Thanx, Ray.

 Lemmesee...240 mph; the angle of the dangle times the focal length divided by
the square of the  f/stop...hmmmmm...Bright sunlight...should be~ f/11@ 1/500th
sec. to give really nice wheel blur with panning.  My Bogen tripod with video
head would be just right. But, carrying that beast; Bombsville! C.