[ratpack] Re: A totally insane "LSR" event in Florida

  • From: JOHN W WEIBEL <marce.weibel@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 15:30:36 +0000

All:

I do not recall reading anywhere anything to the effect "Man is Intelligent".
I do remember reading in a book written over 1,000 years ago something quite
the opposite.  Something like; "I have created Man with flaws and he is not
perfect."

Yes, some men have more flaws than others.  We can see the emperical data.

Other thoughts:

I remember seeing an episode on speed TV (more than once) of Tanner Foust
driving a new Ford GT at an event in Texas similar to the Florida one.  He was
hoping to reach the stated top speed of 204 mph in the Ford GT.  I do not
recall that he did.   And this event made it to TV.

Also, wasn't there some "Race" in Nevada called "Copper something" where it was
bring what you want and go as fast as you can.  The fastest surviving car and
driver wins.  Seems as though at least one person died each year.  And this
event received lots of media coverage.

Summation:

Yes, Man (and this includes woman) indeed have flaws.  Many with flaws starting
in the cranial area and working their way down to the right foot.  And many
with a big hole in their left butt cheek where only a vacuum exists.

But we can have some solice.

These people Vote!!!

Thank you.

John W Weibel

Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 20:35:59 -0600
Subject: [ratpack] Re: A totally insane "LSR" event in Florida
From: johncgg@xxxxxxxxx
To: ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

That was pretty cool. You're right about the chances of something happening.
More money than brains I would suspect.

This is what happened to one of those weekend warriors with a ton of money
shortly after we got off the track in the Noble. See pic. The owner was
laughing about having half a mile of tubing in his garage he was wanting to do
something with. Now he'll take the parts from the wasted GT and build a
project.

JC

---
John Christensen
Saint Charles, IL

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 3:48 PM, <humminboid@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

O wow!  Cool sounds, and the photo opportunities! Thanx, Ray.

 Lemmesee...240 mph; the angle of the dangle times the focal length divided by
the square of the  f/stop...hmmmmm...Bright sunlight...should be~ f/11@ 1/500th
sec. to give really nice wheel blur with panning.  My Bogen tripod with video
head would be just right. But, carrying that beast; Bombsville! C.