[ratpack] Re: A totally insane "LSR" event in Florida

  • From: John Christensen <johncgg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 07:42:35 -0600

The cage is a great idea. Then he won't notice (or won't be able to do
anything about) me taking his money and being constructive with it.

The whole Road America episode is here:
http://myelcamino.net/cars/RoadAmerica/index.htm The picture in the control
tower, with all the monitors, is where we were standing when the GT hit the
wall. I saw it on the screen, and the guy sitting down went in to action
calling safety personnel. Details on the crash here:
http://myelcamino.net/cars/gt40/index.htm

That was one hell of a ride in that Noble. We could only hit a little over
160 in the straight, but it is largely up a steep hill. The next day,
Richard set the course record for a street legal car. This season, he bested
that, and was the fastest car on the track at the same event. This is
against race prepared cars. I never thought I would see Ford GT's, and 427
Cobra's disappear in the rear view mirror.... but it happened many times on
those 6 laps. They saw us coming, and waived us around. I am getting a rush
just thinking about it.

My friend Stan (Rich's Dad) drove the Noble home from the track. Rich had
gotten off in the dirt, and Stan had just finished washing it all off. Then
he drove it to the store to say hi. Stan's cancer is so far in remission
again. He is on the beach in Mexico as we speak. Good for him. I worked at
the Award tent with his wife Carmen, volunteering at the Concours. Great
couple of human beings.

This should fulfill my requirement of cute chick pictures for the day.
(Carmen and Stan Drab) Stan was playing goalie in a soccer league and hurt
his hand. He was diagnosed 4 years ago with lung cancer, and given 7 months.
He is tenacious!

JC

---
John A. Christensen, G.G.