[racktables-users] Re: Export to CSV or Excel?

  • From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 13:34:06 -0500

On 4/22/2010 12:32 PM, Raj Wurttemberg wrote:
I have OCSInventory running, but I need to put in additional details. I also
need to inventory man HPUX and *old* Solaris systems which are not supported by
OCSInventory. I am completely OK with manually importing the data into
Racktables for now. Our current asset management system is just completely out
of control and virtually useless with lots of old data.

You can put some extra details that you maintain manually in ocsinventory by adding fields in the adminfo section. These show up as columns in the accountinfo table. You might also be able to generate xml files containing the same data some other way for the systems that don't support the agent and import them. The advantage over anything else (as you probably already realize) is that the windows/linux/mac systems where you can run the agent will stay up to date automatically - which means you not only need to do an initial import to Racktables but work out a way to keep them in sync.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx