[racktables-users] Re: Export to CSV or Excel?

  • From: "Justin Elms" <justine@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 15:42:51 +0200

Thanks

----- Original Message -----
From: racktables-users-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
<racktables-users-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thu Apr 22 14:57:18 2010
Subject: [racktables-users] Re: Export to CSV or Excel?

Justin Elms wrote:
> Hi Luis,
>
> I am also looking to export information to a csv file. I am looking to
> export locations, as well as computer descriptions.

It is probably overkill for this purpose, but the Pentaho tool set has a java
report designer that can access most databases and lay out a report format and
you can run it interactively or through a web server interface (what they call
the bi-server). One of the output choices is csv, but it also does nice looking
html, pdf, xls, etc.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx