[racktables-users] Re: Export to CSV or Excel?

  • From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 07:57:18 -0500

Justin Elms wrote:
Hi Luis,

I am also looking to export information to a csv file. I am looking to export locations, as well as computer descriptions.

It is probably overkill for this purpose, but the Pentaho tool set has a java report designer that can access most databases and lay out a report format and you can run it interactively or through a web server interface (what they call the bi-server). One of the output choices is csv, but it also does nice looking html, pdf, xls, etc.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx