[pure-silver] Re: what would you attribute the difference to?

  • From: Janet Cull <jcull@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 11:06:47 -0400

On Aug 27, 2009, at 10:10 AM, Eric Neilsen Photo wrote:

Janet, Did they see them, refers to prints; both digital and darkroom based

She was looking at framed darkroom prints in an exhibition. THey weren't all printed on the same paper, but I made them all.

As far as what she has seen of the digital, I don't know but I wondered the same. She shoots digital, but I don't know if she has prints made or if she just looks at them on a computer screen. Actually I think a computer screen can make images look pretty good, but I don't know anything about what she has seen in print from digital. All I know is that she saw some quality she liked and thought "somehow different".

My son-in-law told her that sometimes I use old papers which give a different and interesting look, but that was not the case with anything she saw there. It's true I have used old papers. I've gotten lots of awful prints from it, and a few really interesting (to me) prints. It's a real fight to make them work, so I mostly avoid old paper.