[pure-silver] Re: focusing loupe

  • From: Georges Giralt <georges.giralt@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 06:33:35 +0200

Shannon Stoney a écrit :
I lost my focusing loupe some time ago and I've been making do with a cheap loupe that I think is really for looking at negatives with. So I was looking at loupes on the internet. I was surprised at how expensive some of them are. What is the difference between a "ground glass focusing loupe" for, say, $95 (or more) and a little plastic loupe that you can buy at your local camera store for say $15? is there any reason to have a sure nuff focusing loupe?

--shannon
Hi Shannon !
My arms are not short at all. But I need a loupe to focus my camera.
I've used the Peak suction loupe (bought from B&H) It is perfect as about 10 times mag and stuck to the GG leaving both arms to adjust the camera... The only drawback is that it is a bit short and non adjustable to your sight. but you can adjust by looking at different distances from the loupe. Next, I've made a loupe using a Rollei 24x36 85 mm projector lens. I installed the lens in a paper tube and cut it to have focus for my eyes on the GG. I then made a PVC plumbing tube to this exact lenght and heated it to have the lens make a fit. This way I've got a cheap (about 5 $ including lens) long and dark loupe to focus in plain bright sun without a hot focusing tissue over my head. The projection lens is a very decent one without much optical aberration and bright. Last but not least advantage, I won't cry if it gets lost in the field... As did a friend of mine when he lost his Schneider one...
--
Ce message est constitué d'au moins 50 % d'électrons recyclés.
S'il vous plaît, aidez nous à conserver nos ressources,