[pure-silver] Re: focusing loupe

  • From: "Stein" <rstein@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 18:56:40 +0800

Dear Nephew Steve,

The Chinese-made loupe is about 8x power - the graininess is not a problem on the ground glass screen. It is made in two parts that screw into each other to adjust for different eyesights. When I got it perfect for me I whacked a bit of gaffer tape on it to stop the screw rotation. The loupe has a chromed attachment post at the side for a neck strap, though this was not supplied with it. I use a shoelace threaded through there.

   In all, a much better bargain than anything in the local pro-store.

Uncle Dick