[pure-silver] Re: focusing loupe

  • From: Brian Reynolds <reynolds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 10:21:04 -0400

Bogdan Karasek wrote:
> What would be a practical way of focusing such a loupe.  You can't do it
> on the GG as the image on the GG has to be in focus first, hence the
> need for a loupe, so where do you focus your loupe first before using
> it?  I was thinking of placing a sharp negative on a light table then
> calibrating the focus using that and then locking it in (gaffer's tape)
> for use on the ground glass.

If there are marks on the ground glass (framing lines, etc.) you can
focus on those.  Otherwise you can mark the ground side of the ground
glass with a pencil and focus on the pencil mark.

I'm not sure that will work with a fresnel.

--
Brian Reynolds                  | "But in the new approach, as you know,
reynolds@xxxxxxxxx              |  the important thing is to understand